How can I upload my contacts?
The Contacts tab in your AnswerConnect App tracks information about your callers such as name, phone number, and email.
When your customers are included in your Contacts, their information will be available to our receptionists. This helps reduce call time and ensure the accuracy of your messages. Rather than ask your customers to spell their name, for example, they only have to confirm it. The information is already stored in your AnswerConnect App.
Also, when you add contacts to the app in your browser, you'll also see them in your AnswerConnect mobile app automatically. So your contacts are available no matter how you access your account.
So how do your contacts get into Contacts? We add them automatically when they call in, based on caller ID. However, you can import a comma separated values (CSV) file of your contacts any time.
Your CSV file should include the following fields, in the following order: First Name, Last Name, Phone, and Email. You can export this from another app, or create it manually in Excel, Google Sheets, or another spreadsheeet program and then save it as a CSV file with the .csv extension. When created, it should look something like this:
Once you have created your CSV file, you can go into your AnswerConnect App and upload it with just a few clicks.
- Go to Contacts in the main menu.
- Click the "+" icon (Add Contact) located next to the search field.
- Choose the Import tab to upload your list. (Stay on the Add New tab if you just need to add one contact.)
- Choose Upload File, find your CSV file on your computer, and select it.
- That's it! You should see your uploaded contacts on the list.